Digital Principal Development Engineer II
Company: CVS Health
Posted on: June 7, 2021
CVS Health Digital is looking for a Principle Software
Development Engineer, reporting to our Senior Director of
experience to help build our next-generation platform to promote
the delivery of use cases into products focused on helping people
live healthier lives. You will work on cutting-edge applications
and products. You will brainstorm with architects, product
managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data
products used improve the health outcomes of millions of
- Architect, design and develop cloud scalable services in a
containerized and CI/CD environment
- Work with business users, project managers and other engineers
to achieve elegant solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation,
flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear
- Implement Circuit Breakers and Service Discovery patterns for
the Microservices and ensure that patterns are stringently followed
for every integration inbound to/outbound from Microservices.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice,
coaching and educational opportunities
- Work with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of
applications at scale
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
- Experience with professional software engineering best
practices for the full software development life cycle, including
coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build
processes, testing and operations
- Provide technical guidance in software design activities.
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure to provide
- Provide trainings and mentor other Engineers.
- Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and
performing assigned tasks within deadlines.
- We develop real products. You need to be an expert in design,
coding and scripting
- We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced
degrees alone do not replace real-world experience
- 10 plus years of software development in enterprise/ web/ cloud
- 2+ years experience with cloud computing technologies. Have
track record developing in AWS or GCP or Azure or similar public
- Expert knowledge with functional, imperative and
object-oriented languages and methodologies
- Experience with programming languages/tools including: Java,
- Experience with Spring and Spring boot Microservices and other
open source technologies/frameworks
- Have architected, designed, delivered and operationalized
scalable microservices-based web/ webservices applications in cloud
- Experience with containers orchestration technologies like
Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant
- Experience working with ATG/Oracle commerce
- Experience working large-scale databases using Oracle and other
relational database technologies
- Experience building in large volume subscription platform
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems,
processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate
- Be able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need
to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations,
decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
- Influence and persuade - able to present sound and
well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Adapt to the situation
and can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way
that results in agreement or behavior change
- Individually motivated to be able to see the big picture and
prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business
and customers vision and requirements
- We are a growing, diverse team and we work together to deliver
a Health Cloud platform. We love to collaborate and help each
other, and we want someone to share that ideology
- Understand security threats and patterns and ensure adherence
to all regulatory initiatives, HIPAA, PHI, PII, locational and
contractual data restrictions.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven,
Gradle, Jenkins, CircleCI, Harness
- Exposure to service mesh platform, such as Istio, Consul,
- Experience with SAFE development methodologies.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering or equivalent years of experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people
on their path to better health. We are working to transform health
care through innovations that make quality care more accessible,
easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together
and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new
approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity,
inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate
in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or
characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local
law. We proudly support and encourage people with military
experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as
well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job
Keywords: CVS Health, Woonsocket , Digital Principal Development Engineer II, Other , Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!