Registered Nurse, RN
Company: Seven Hills Foundation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!
Are you looking to make a difference and promote healthy and
happy lives? Do you have a passion for working with individuals
with disabilities and significant life challenges helping them to
achieve their fullest potential? If so, consider joining us here at
Seven Hills Rhode Island where our CORE VALUES include Respect &
Kindness, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Service to
This Registered Nurse (RN) position provides health care,
emergency care, and promotion of overall health for people
supported by Seven Hills Rhode Island. Ensures health care needs
are met at the participants home as well as coordinating within the
community. Utilizes independent judgment and operational autonomy
within the field of case management.
- Provides health care and promotion of good health as well as
emergency care for people supported.
- Assists in the implementation of Federal/State laws and statues
which deal with health related issues.
- Works with multidisciplinary team to ensure health care needs
are met and assists in planning of daily needs in health and
- Evaluates health care needs and develops health care plan for
participants on caseload or as assigned.
- Completes individual initial and annual assessments.
- Updates assessments and health care plans annually and as
- Responsible for scheduling and facilitating screenings, and
assists with psychiatric appointments and annual physicals.
- Provides health care teaching to people supported by the
- Maintains the confidential health records for all people
- Ensures timely and correct completion of all documentation and
reports in electronic health record.
- Provides staff in-service training in the various health and
- Trains and monitors medication/treatment administration and
specialized procedures by trained non-nursing personnel.
- Liaisons' with families, BHDDH and other healthcare professions
to ensure ongoing health care needs are met.
- Participates in the Nurse on-call system. This includes 24 hour
telephonic coverage during all scheduled working days (holidays on
rotating schedule) as well as weekend coverage on a rotating
- May assist D.S.S. as required.
- Develops and implements all health care related training per
regulations including but not limited, health maintenance,
medication administration and specialized trainings.
- Contributes to the positive morale by representing the agency
through professional communication and interactions.
- Develops on-going communication with team, through routine
monthly-home staff meeting, coordination meetings and other
meetings as appropriate.
- Implements and fosters the principles of self advocacy which
promote an independent lifestyle and respect for program
- Assists people with learning about and advocating for their
personal rights and understanding the responsibilities that
accompany those rights.
- Arrives punctually and participates in all required meetings
- Follows all established Seven Hills policies and procedures and
documents accordingly. Follows "Health & Wellness Standards" as
described in BHDDH Rules and regulations, May drive or accompany
people to medical appointments as deemed necessary.
- Responds effectively to potential safety hazards and
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment by being
respectful of property and equipment. Follows proper maintenance
- Adheres to all Human Rights policies and procedures, completes
incident reports as needed, and provides the least restrictive
environment, while adhering to each participant's level of
- Complete and maintain all required trainings, certifications
- Actively promote and positively role model philosophy, mission
and core values of the organization. Treat individuals served,
associates, guests and other stakeholders in a respectful and
- Be familiar with and actively promote all Seven Hills' policies
and procedures the sire's program specific policies and procedures
including individualized support plans of people on their
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Sitting, pushing, pulling, carrying, grasping,
speaking, listening, stooping, crouching, bending, standing,
twisting, crawling, walking, climbing. May be required to lift up
to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. May be required to
provide support through physical lifting and/or therapeutic
- Registered Nurse (RN) with current license in RI.
- Experience with adults with intellectual/developmental
- Current BLS certification
- Valid driver's license.
Keywords: Seven Hills Foundation, Woonsocket , Registered Nurse, RN, Other , Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!